La Confédération Européenne des Centres de Langues de l’Enseignement Supérieur: The European Association of University Language Centres
The objectives of CercleS are:
- to promote the development of language centres in European universities
- to promote international research and teaching in the field of language acquisition and in teaching foreign languages
- to publish and disseminate their results
- to promote international and interdisciplinary cooperation between language centres.
These objectives will be implemented by:
- organizing conferences, seminars and workshops
- establishing expert groups and committees
- publishing research results
- creating and exchanging language teaching programmes
- exchanging scientific and teaching staff
- disseminating the European Language Portfolio:
European Language Portfolio
The meetings of the previous years:
- 2008 Seville
- 2010 Helsinki
- 2012 London
Databases are designed to promote the international exchange of information. In 1993 a CercleS Handbook was launched with descriptions of European language centres, and the documentation of meetings and conferences has been available since 1996.
Questions about CercleS? Then contact the CercleS Secretariat: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website: www.cercles.org
Interested in membership?
Then please contact the AKS Office (Clearingstelle).